Let’s talk about the best books for self-care and women’s health. I love to read and I am well aware of the fact that reading has changed my life. As a result of reading, I’ve gained new ideas and new perspectives that have ultimately led to my success and growth as a person.
Benefits of reading self-help books
When people ask me about my favorite self-help books for women, I have a lot to say. Therefore, this complete list of the best books for women that I have ever compiled. There is just so much good produce available, and there are numerous health advantages to reading books.
If you are interested in learning about finance, career development, business, or personal development, this list of 50 of the best self-help books for ladies has you covered. These are books I have read over the years and books recommended by friends that I highly recommend.
The best personal finance books for women
Women’s personal-finance books are among the best self-help titles for women in their 20s, 30s, 40s, and beyond. In the quotations below, some of my favorite books are listed. They will help you get started building a foundation to fund your life and be as happy as possible.
These books are fantastic for beginning language learners and will change your life for the better. They will inspire you to stay motivated to use your funds and money to accomplish what you must in life.
Why should I read books about money?
Finance books keep me motivated and inspire me to be on top of my financial planning, which is crucial for my long-term goals. I have learned a great deal about finance from reading these books, and my savings total has exceeded $100,000 in just three years.
Financial knowledge and money management are fundamental to financial freedom. It is important to objectively consider various perspectives and points of view and to decide what is best suited for you and your family.
A study revealed that the most common hobby among rich people was reading. We also know that several of the most successful individuals with wealth and business enjoy reading a great deal!
But aren’t all personal finance books the same?
So this is a comment I hear often. Here is my view; financial ideas are financial ideas. At the same time, these fundamental principles of economics do not vary very much between different people’s practices and the strategies they have developed to achieve financial success.
Personal finance books provide a wide variety of advice and recommendations. And if you read them often enough, they keep you immersed in what you are doing to reach your own financial success. Moreover, learning about personal finance from other sources is entertaining, even when it is written by a great author.
As women earning money, it behooves us to define our success. Reading to educate yourself is a great way to start.
Favorite finance books for women
Let’s get started with our favorite finance books for ladies!
1. Clever Girl Finance: Ditch Debt, Save Money, and Build Real Wealth by Bola Sokunbi
Cutie Gadget Finance is a book for lady readers that teaches people how to achieve financial success. Why not read it? I did not have any financial guides by female authors or writers of other races when I started my path to wealth.
Many of the books Bola read were by men and while those are excellent books, she wishes she had something directly relatable to her. So she wrote the book she wanted to have. One of our favorite books on money and budgeting!
2. Millionaire Women Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
The Millionaire Women Next Door book is the men’s version of Millionaire Next Door. Books by Kevin Rose detail stories of wealthy women and describe how they earned their fortunes.
3. Nice Girls Don’t Get Rich: 75 Avoidable Mistakes Women Make With Money by Lois P. Frankel.
In Nice Girls Don’t Get Rich: 75 Avoidable Mistakes Women Make With Money, you’ll learn the common mistakes that are holding women back from financial success. By overcoming these blunders, you can succeed in achieving financial independence.
4. Smart Women Finish Rich by David Bach
In David Bach’s book, Smart Women Finish Rich, he outlines his plan for creating financial security by implementing his 9-step plan.
5. Spend Well, Live Rich: How To Get What You Want With The Money You Have by Michelle Singletary
Michelle sets forth the seven practical money lessons her grandmother taught her in her book, Spend Well, Live Rich: How To Get What You Want With The Money You Have. She then explains how she implemented them to create a wealthy life and what you can do too.
6. Rich Bitch: A Simple 12 Step Plan For Getting For Financial Life Together Finally by Nicole Lapin
In her latest book, Rich Bitch: A Simple 12-Step Plan for Getting Financial Life Together, Nicole outlines the mistakes she has made in her finances and provides advice on how to overcome them. Nicole’s guide includes many resources useful to those trying to get their finances in order.
7. Live It, Love It, Earn It: A Woman’s Guide To Financial Freedom by Marianne Olszewski
Live It, Love It, Earn It: A Woman’s Guide to Financial Freedom is a personal finance and motivational guide. Marianne encourages you to surround yourself with people and circumstances that will encourage you to succeed rather than hold you back.
8. Financially Fearless by Alexa Von Tobel
Financially Fearless is about having your finances built around your own priorities and needs while still allowing you to live the way you want to.
9. Real Money Answers for Every Woman: How to Win the Money Game With or Without a Man by Patrice Washington
Real Money Answers for Every Woman can help you get out of debt, rebuild your credit, and reach your financial goals on your own!
10. Money, A Love Story: Untangle Your Financial Woes And Create The Life You Really Want by Kate Northrup
Money, a Love Story is about identifying your relationship with money and building a healthy relationship with money. She helps identify your perceptions about money by revealing emotional aspects that are holding you back.
11. Women & Money: Owning The Power To Control Your Destiny by Suze Orman
Women and Money: Owning The Power to Control Your Destiny is a 5-month plan by Suze that shows you how to take control of your financial life. Suze helps you to understand the emotional and practical knowledge that prevents you from making sound financial decisions. Then you can design your financial plan toward long-term prosperity.
12. Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping By And Get Your Financial Life Together by Erin Lowry
The “Broke Millennial” book series is for 20-30-year-olds looking for a financial plan that is different from the typical personal finance book. This book series will help those in their 20s and 30s navigate life with student loans and building friendships and romantic relationships while remaining transparent about their financial situation.
13. You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
You Are a Badass at Making Money is an entertaining book full of a-ha moments that will boost your financial outlook.
14. The $1,000 Project: An Easy Guide To Mindful Saving And Financial Well Being by Canna Campbell
The $1,000 Project is a simple yet effective guide to saving money and achieving positive results. Canna prompts saving in $1,000 buckets to remain motivated and to see faster results.
15. Secrets of Six-Figure Women: Surprising Strategies to Up Your Earnings and Change Your Life by Barbara Stanny
In Secrets of Six-Figure Women, Barbara interviews women who make six figures and up to discover the key characteristics that helped them succeed, so you can do it, too.
16. The Automatic Millionaire, A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich by David Bach
The Automatic Millionaire is a one- or two-step process to becoming a millionaire regardless of your current situation.
17. The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
The richest man in Babylon has a collection of fascinating tales about wealth and prosperity. These stories are based on ancient parables and relate directly to the modern world. You can also check out our favorite Richest Man in Babylon quotes!
18. 5 Lessons A Millionaire Taught Me For Women by Richard Paul Evans
5 Lessons A Millionaire Taught Me is not just about money. It is about building a life around God and your relationships for true riches of life.
Best investment books for women
You don’t need to be scared or intimidated when learning about investing. These beginner investing books are helpful for those that are just starting to learn how. Some of the best personal finance books about this very topic can be found here.
It is essential for women to learn about investing in order to secure financial freedom. Studies show that women are less likely than men to invest and when they decide to invest, they do so later in life. The sooner you start saving, the more interest you will build over the long term. The longer you wait to invest, the more difficult it will be to reach your targets.
19. Clever Girl Finance: Learning How Investing Works, Grow Your Money by Bola Sokunbi
Clever Girl Finance teaches women how to invest their money so they build long-term wealth on a low income. No advanced finance degree is necessary! Even people with a modest income can invest wisely with investment. You’ll also be able to learn about the main pitfalls to avoid in order to become a successful investor and so much more!
20. The Women’s Guide to Successful Investing: Achieving Financial Security and Realizing Your Goals by Nancy Tengler
The Women’s Guide to Successful Investing is an easy-to-understand guide for long-term investing success.
21. The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns by John C. Bogel
In The Little Book of Common Sense Investing, John shows the best way to invest in low-value index funds.
22. The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing by Benjamin Graham
Learn how to create an investment plan that thrives over time and avoid costly mistakes with The Intelligent Investor. It focuses on investing for the long term rather than for quick profits.
23. Smart Investors Keep It Simple: Investing In Dividend Stocks For Passive Income by Giovanni Rigters
Smart Investors Keep it Simple teaches the fundamentals of the stock market and can help you build long-term success.
24. Warren Buffett Invests Like A Girl by The Motley Fool and LouAnn Lofton
In Warren Buffett Invests Like a Girl, find out how to invest like Warren Buffett does. By investing wisely and carefully, you can reduce your risk and increase your returns. There’s a reason why women are better investors than men.
25. The Complete TurtleTrader: How 23 Novice Investors Became Overnight Millionaires by Michael W. Covel
The TurtleTrader is inspired by the true story of a millionaire investor who taught others to buy and sell online.
26. The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Smart Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing by Brandon Turner
In The Book on Rental Property Investing, you can find the best guidance on purchasing real estate. Learn how you can become a millionaire with rentals.
Best career books for women
Building a business or career is difficult, and doing so while also caring for a family is often impossible. Business books that are made by men are written with men in mind. These books are written by women for women in business and cover topics ranging from finance to ethics.
27. Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office: Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers by Lois P. Frankel
In Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office, Lois describes the factors that keep women from success in their careers. She also provides advice for women who want to make it to the top.
28. Mistakes I Made at Work: 25 Influential Women Reflect on What They Got Out of Getting It Wrong by Jessica Bacal
In Mistakes I Made at Work, Jessica interviews 25 exceptionally successful women about the mistakes they made during their careers and how they learned from them.
29. Own It: The Power of Women at Work by Sallie Krawcheck
In Own It, Sallie draws on her personal experience to navigate the world and achieve your own success.
30. Women Don’t Ask: The High Cost of Avoiding Negotiation–and Positive Strategies for Change by Linda Babcock.
In Women Don’t Ask, conquer your fears of negotiating. Start making as much as if not more than the men in your field.
31. Fearless and Free: How Smart Women Pivot and Relaunch Their Careers by Wendy Sachs
Fearless and Free shows you how to overcome your fears and put your startup into action without holding yourself back.
32. Boss Bitch: A Simple 12-Step Plan to Take Charge of Your Career by Nicole Lapin
Nicole teaches you how to take control of your future by being more confident and ambitious.
33. Power Moves: How Women Can Pivot, Reboot, and Build a Career of Purpose by Lauren McGoodwin
Use the actionable tips and resources in Power Moves to achieve career fulfillment.
34. Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job. Kill It in Your Career. Rock Social Media by Aliza Licht
Aliza shares her story of founding a company and how you can also leave your mark on your company in her book, Leave Your Mark.
35. The Myth of the Nice Girl: Achieving a Career You Love Without Becoming a Person You Hate by Fran Hauser
Maximize your career while remaining true to yourself and not selling out with The Myth of the Nice Girl.
Best books for female entrepreneurs
Although it is difficult to start a company, it is a constantly shifting cycle of studying, reading, and building our customers. The more we can learn from those who have done so in the past, the stronger our businesses will be.
We can be productive and earn more by working in an area we enjoy. These self-help books for women are designed to help you expand your business and make it lucrative from the start. Given that over half of new businesses fail within their first five years, this is particularly significant.
36. The Side Hustle Guide: Build a Successful Side Hustle And Increase Your Income by Bola Sokunbi
The 3rd book of the Clever Advances in Money Guide series is titled the Side Hustle Guide and is all about helping women earn more. We’ve got you covered from attitude to branding to business finances.
37. She Means Business: Turn Your Ideas into Reality and Become a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur by Carrie Green
She Means Business, Carries teaches how to turn your passions and dreams into a profitable business. The book also emphasizes the importance of a positive mindset and strong belief in yourself while starting a business, which are both essential parts of the entrepreneurial journey.
38. Business Boutique: A Woman’s Guide for Making Money Doing What She Loves by Christy Wright
Business Boutique will help build your business around what you love to do. Christy’s tips and suggestions will help you get your business started today. Beginners will love it!
39. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
GIRLBOSS will help you get back in touch with the authentic you by getting rid of bad habits and following the new practices that work favorably.
40. Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur by Cara Awill Leyba
With Girl Code, you can boost your confidence and help other female warriors. You will also discover the benefits of building a community of support rather than one of competition and jealousy.
41. Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
Profit First will help you be profitable from the very start and will show you how to structure your business finances.
42. The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
Understand how to establish and manage an enterprise based on decades of experience with The E-Myth Revisited! Learn what essential tasks to include, how to subcontract, time management, and more.
43. The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferris.
Learn how to become more efficient and improve your efficiency with the easy suggestions in The 4-Hour Workweek. Earn more while working less!
44. Million Dollar Women: The Essential Guide for Female Entrepreneurs Who Want to Go Big by Julia Pimsleur
Learn how to network to get your business off the ground with Million Dollar Women. The book goes over everything from fundraising to the team and mentors you will need to succeed.
45. Dear Female Founder: 66 Letters of Advice from Women Entrepreneurs Who Have Made $1 Billion in Revenue by Lu Li
You will also have the tips that you wish you had when starting your company in Dear Female Founder. The advice is compiled as letters from other female entrepreneurs who have traveled the same path.
46. Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
Learn how to succeed in Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition by finding creative ways of reaching your target audience and jumping ahead of your competitors.
47. Blue Ocean Shift: Beyond Competing – Proven Steps to Inspire Confidence and Seize New Growth by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
Ignore the competition and motivate new development by learning what works best and what doesn’t in Blue Ocean Shift.
48. Choosing to Prosper: Triumphing Over Adversity, Breaking Out of Comfort Zones, and Achieving Dreams by Bola Sokunbi
The book provides readers with the opportunity to test their personal finances and personal goals and discover the strength and resilience needed to achieve them. It is the ideal book for women navigating the challenges of modern life, career, and business.
Best books for personal development books for women
My favorite books are about enhancing your attitudes and state of mind so that you can lead a fulfilling life. Personal improvement has a wide array of subcategories when it comes to self-help books for women. Here are some recommendations that will allow you to be successful in your life and career.
49. Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes
Learn how to saying “yes” can transform your life in Year of Yes. Shonda shares her own success on her journey both professionally and personally by accepting opportunities.
50. No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline by Brian Tracy
Success does not come from luck, but from discipline. Start taking responsibility for your life and leave excuses at the door. Brian tells you how to drop the excuses keeping you from success in No Excuses!
51. Believe Bigger: Discover the Path to Your Life Purpose by Marshawn Evan Daniels
In Believe Bigger, Marshawn shares a five-step program for speaking to God about life’s messages. This is a faith-based book.
52. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
This amusing book, You Are a Badass, will teach you how to stop your self-defeating habits so you can live the exciting life you want.